CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tact

I have a hard time knowing when something crosses the line.

When does a cliche become a cliche? When does it cross the line from being a clever phrase to being "cliche?" My English teacher told me after the 27th time it's been used. It would be nice if things did just have numbers like that. After the 27th time "it was a dark and stormy night" was used it turned into a cliche. That would make it so much easier.

When does it cross the line from being confident to cocky? Or from open to vulgar? It's so difficult to find these things out until you mess up and you cross the line. I'm not sure if I am the only one who feels like this. Maybe other people just have a little more tact.

xoxograce

2 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, haha i meant a piece of pie.
except actually two.

Aussie said...

hey I need to talk to you tomorrow about what we usually talk about lol

-A

ps I would have called you, but it might be too late in the night. so I decided to comment your blog..?
pps I am very confused whether or not you have a facebook. it said that "*your full name inserted here* tagged herself in one of your photos" in my notifications on facebook, and I ignored/forgot about it, but when I went to search you, you weren't there. but yes. I thought I should inform you to talk about what we usually talk about... remember amy's point of view? it's about that lol