My dad doesn't like my room.
I painted it two summers ago--it's green with blue trim. Being neither an artist nor a perfectionist, I didn't work very hard to remove any smudges or drips of paint... there's blue where it should only be green, there's green where there should be white... there are quotes written in permanent marker where it should only be plain green... i don't know if anyone has seen my little corner of quotes. I have a lot written there. I love it. I think it's beautiful.
My room has character. No one else's room will have the same paint splashes, the same pictures on the walls, the same quotes in permanent marker. No one else will have the same stuffed animals I have, the same piggy bank I have, the same mirror I have. No one else will have the same memories I have, the same poems that I have, the same paintings that I have. It's unique. It has character. No one else can ever have this room exactly the way I have it. I love it like this.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Paint Splatters and Writing on the Walls...
Posted by Hilary at Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha
I have the same lappy
i love the picture of you, jorge, four year old boy, and me!
and matt b (:
thanks jbean
i kind of really enjoy the fact that i have matt b's pic on my wall... particularly that one
Post a Comment