CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Some Random Thoughts...

I've been thinking a lot about how if you've grown up with someone always there, or something always at your disposal, it takes a long time to realize how much you rely on them.

Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World."
I've heard that song since I was little but it wasn't until Thursday when my voice teacher, Lucy, gave me the song to sing that I really saw how beautiful it was. I'd grown up with that song, but I'd never really listened to it until Thursday. Listen to it again. It is beautiful. What a wonderful world.

I enjoy using commas and starting sentences with "But" even though I was always told that was incorrect. Once I got out of grammar school and saw that people do start sentences with "But" I took advantage of that. Now I use it wayy too much =]

Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel."

Jesus take the wheel/Take it from my hands/Cause I can't do this on my own/I'm letting go/So give me one more chance/Save me from this road I'm on/Jesus take the wheel

My Favorite Song ever (Not counting the Beatles and "Across the Universe")... "I Love it When You Call" by The Feeling. I love the way it starts out. It makes me happy.

I have really, really good friends who are there for me when I need it. I am so lucky.

When I did my research for my paper on Marie Antoinette last fall, Elena Maria Vidal was a big help. She's written a book about Marie Antoinette and her blog has sooo many articles on the French Queen. =] I looooove Marie Antoinette.

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. That's the film that she's most known for. Did you know that she said that was the hardest role she ever played?

I really like salsa dancing. It is so much fun.
I haven't done anything for school yet. And classes start on Thursday =[

I went to the state fair this weekend. It was fun. We saw the Neverly Brothers =]

Ben Folds' song "Brick" is so sad. It's about when his girlfriend got an abortion and afterwards who they just drifted apart because they were both in so much pain because of of it.

Right now, I'm reading The Friday Night Knitting Club. It's kind of random. I like it.

This was a really weird post.

Have a great day, everyone!

xoxograce

0 comments: