CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Praying for the Right Thing

I realized something yesterday. I'd been saying an intercessory prayer to St. James, asking him to get in a word with God to heal an ailment that I have. I thought that miraculously my problems would be solved and that would be the end. Yesterday I had an epiphany. I love the word epiphany. I realized that I was praying for the wrong thing. I would pray to God to "heal me," to "help me," but what I should have been praying for was for God to give me the strength to help myself. I wanted God to just give me the easy way out and to heal me without me actually having to do anything. That's not the way it works. I have the resources to help myself, and that way is definitely harder, but in the end it makes me stronger. I just wanted to share wtih everyone. If you think your prayer has not been answered, look harder. I'm sure the answer is there, it just might not be the answer you wanted. God isn't here to give us everything we want. God's goal is to prepare our souls for heaven. God loves us and knows us better than we know ourselves. God is doing what is right for us. God loves. And love heals.


xoxograce

0 comments: