CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Something Old

Okay so when I was little I never liked having anything old. Everything had to be new, and books had to stay in perfect condition even if they were several years old. Only framed pictures could be hung on the walls and if everything wasn't perfect then everything would fall to pieces. I don't know, it's the way I've always been... it's all or nothing. Lately though, I've been liking when things look worn... like, books, if there's something written in them, that's awesome. I love when my voice teacher gives me copies of music that have old notes written on them. I like knowing that life has gone on in the things I own. In my room, I have pictures, unframed pictures and posters and ticket stubs and certificates. My only problem now is that I think through things too much. Like, I really want to put a princess sticker that I took from the doctor's office on my new book, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but will someone question it, or judge, or will I regret putting it on there? Will it ruin the total sense of the book? And which princess sticker... I did, of course, take four... because the first one was Snow White, and I can't stand her, the second is Cinderella which was okay, but then there was Belle, who I played in Beauty and the Beast, and if I was going to take Belle then of course I needed to get Aurora because she is my favorite... so which do I put on the book? And where? Should I put it on the front cover and regret ruining the simplicity of the cover, or should I put it in the back cover and risk seeming too mild to put it in plain view? Haha yeah I think wayyy to much about things... I think I just need to do it...
Love,
Grace

0 comments: