If I had to say what comes to mind when I think of winter Sundays...
Mass at St. Mary's, breakfast at PJ Klem's, coming home, Dad making a fire and turning on the polka station, then reading the newspaper while the kids do their homework and Mom does whatever needs to be done.
Lately, I've been asking my dad to polka with me. I sometimes wish I had grown up in a more cultured environment. I wish I could speak Polish and knew more Polish traditions, but at least I know how to Polka.
This is my favorite polka... it's called Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie. I can't find it by my favorite band... Eddie Blazonczyk and the Versatones, but here is the song. I remember on my 16th birthday, when all my friends were over, my dad blasted this song through the house when it was time to come up and have the brownie-cake my mom made for me (because I don't like real cake.) Haha, it was kind of embarrassing, but I'm glad that I have a favorite polka song. It makes me feel more Polish haha.
0 comments:
Post a Comment