CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kairos

So, tomorrow after school I will be leaving on Kairos, which is a Christian student-lead retreat. There is a lot of mystery behind this retreat... I don't know. My expectations aren't very high, I don't think this retreat will be as "life changing" as it is said to be, but I hope I am wrong. I'm extremely skeptical right now. The only reason I am remotely excited about this retreat is because I get to miss school on Friday. I'm really not in the mood for people to pretend that they're deep, say one thing on retreat, and then act another way once we get back to school. Oh well, we'll see. I have been wanting to go on this retreat since 7th grade when my cousin Kate went on and led Kairos. When I was looking for a high school, I made sure they had this retreat... So I know when I get back I won't be able to share any details-- you know, the naked midnight runs, the no showering for four days, the starvation, all the Kairos cult details-- but hopefully I will have something insightful to say. Pray for me.
Love,
Grace

1 comments:

davidop175 said...

Have a great time on Kairos. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how you change during it. Retreats are great ways to find ourselves.