CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

10 Things I Hate About You

The Taming of the Shrew and anything based off it will always hold a place in my heart.

Last year in Brit Lit we read The Taming of the Shrew in class and then watched two movie versions of it. This past fall I was in Kiss Me, Kate, a musical based off this Shakespeare play. Two nights ago, my friend and I watched 10 Things I Hate About You, a film also based on The Taming of the Shrew. Throughout the movie there are numerous Shrew references. This film, starring Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles is now my favorite movie.


I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair
I hate the way you drive my car, I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick-it even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right, I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh, even more when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around. And the fact that you didn't call.
But most of all I hate the way I don't hate you-not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.


0 comments: