One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
So today I finished Ken Kesey's classic American novel, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. This tells the story of R.P. McMurphy, a sane man in a mental institution in Oregon, through the eyes of one of the patients in his ward. This novel, written from the knowledge that Kesey gained from working the night shift of a mental hospital, is extremely gripping and articulate. McMurphy is a hero, a Christ-figure. I was extremely displeased by the ending of this book, but it was necessary for the book to have any meaning. I could go on and on about how upset I am about the way this book ended, but that would spoil all the details for those who have yet to read it, like my friend Clarence. Anyway, I just wanted to post some of my frustration and admiration on my page.
Love,
Grace
0 comments:
Post a Comment