CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Running...

You know how you don't always know how much something means to you until it's gone? Well, I think that sometimes you don't realize how much you missed something until it is back.


I was on Cross Country for two years and Track & Field for one. [I hated track, I just had to mention that to show how much running had been a part of my life.] Yes, I missed Cross Country this fall--the early Saturday mornings, pasta parties, bagels, Mulan, gatorade... but I didn't realize how much I'd missed actually running until this week.

Saturday I started running again on my own. Then Sunday Amy and I ran together. Amy and I ran together four times this week. Ahhh I love it! I feel so much better now that I have the energy going, the good hormones flowing! We ran to Greektown yesterday and it reminded me of the 2nd run I ever did on one of our XC runs. I remember that day was in the late summer, it was Alec, Coach Morgan, and me, and I was sooo slow and it was sooo hot and I had to go around all the people walking down the streets of Greektown. But I felt so good ABOUT myself, because I was doing something good FOR myself.
Ahhh I'm so glad I'm running again, and I'm so glad I have a running partner!! YAY!!!

Love, Grace

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up...you''d better be running."

1 comments:

Bellezza said...

I'm impressed that you run. I have very poor feet, and it's enough for me to stand on them all day teaching; I always stand in awe of people who can stand the harsh impact of running. It's good to find what we enjoy, especially when we've been away from it for awhile. Have some beautiful runs this Spring!