CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

So I'm a Weird Teenager...

Last year, when I played Tuptim in "The King and I," I met a really great group of people from a parish near by my house. We all seemed to have a lot in common and it was just a lot of fun to hang out once in a while. The only weird thing about it is that we are all different ages. Our group is comprised of the most "normal" people from the parish, and our ages range from 3-48. Last summer, we used to have barbecues over by Dina's house every once in a while and then we'd just sit around the campfire while Jeremy played guitar and we all sang along. We became just a big family. It was really just like being with my aunts and uncles. There was just no blood relation.

This year, the play was really stressful for me so after it closed, I just took a long break. Tonight was the first time I'd seen everyone since April and it was so wonderful. It was wonderful to sit there with Jeremy playing guitar, with people encouraging me to sing, and to just know that everyone there loves me for who I am. They are a separate life that I have. They don't know about my problems with Will or anything else that is going on in my life other than what I tell them. To them I'm just me. Just Grace. And it makes me feel so wonderful to have that. When I was sitting there with all of them singing, I just felt safe. I was in a safezone. And after a few days of stress, I really needed that relaxing time with some fun, chill people. And when I left I was ready to go back and take my cross up again. You know, you can always take a rest from carrying a heavy cross. You just have to remember that when you are done with your break it will still be there waiting for you, but if you use your break wisely, it won't feel as heavy to carry as it did before.

xoxograce

1 comments:

BrightBoy said...

This is so sweet. You are a very blessed person, for many people who long for that type of support network will never happen. Cherish those dear friends, and always let them know, through actions more than words, but through words as well, how much you care about them.

I'd love to hear more about these people and about your community (i.e., the one that you have together).